Does my Jack Russell have an ear infection?
Common signs and causes
If your Jack Russell shakes his head a lot, whines, and scratches his ear a lot, he may have an ear infection.
Look at the Jack Russell's ear, and if you experience an unpleasant yeast-like smell, and see lots of red inflammation, then he most certainly has an ear infection.
Be careful with this test though, as touching his ear will most likely hurt him, and the ear may be full of a disgusting gooey discharge.
It can be caused by:
- Food allergies
- Excessive bathing
- Swimming in dirty or unclean water
In any of these cases, if you detect signs of an ear infection, take your Jack Russell to the vet as soon as you can.
Have you subscribed to my newsletter yet? Just enter your email and click "Sign me up!"
- Jack Russell eye disorders
- Jack Russell musculoskeletal conditions
- Is my Jack Russell constipated?
- Is my Jack Russell lactose intolerant?
- Jack Russell allergies and hayfever
- Does my Jack Russell have kennel cough?
- Jack Russell dandruff
- Does my Jack Russell have worms?
- Is my Jack Russell pregnant?
- Why does my Jack Russell keep eating grass?
Get our new ebook instantly and receive instant updates on new posts:
Welcome to the Jack Russell Terrier Advice Centre! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin raising your new companion.
If you've found this page useful, please share: