Tip: The most valuable trick to teach your Jack Russell
The most valuable trick to teach your Jack Russell is the 'Look at me!' command. It might sounds simple, but it's a very powerful command that can gain your dog's attention, and distract him from any other kind of behaviour.
Now, Jack Russells can be hard to train, but with patience you can get him to stop what he's doing and pay attention to his master on command.
Begin by offering your dog a treat, and associating it with a verbal 'Look at me!' command. Then bring the treat to your face, and treat him when he's looking at your eyes. Make the 'Look at me!' high pitched and sudden.
It might take an hour or two to get him to start learning the command properly, and for Jack Russells it's always a good idea to reinforce the command by associating 'Look at me!' with a treat every day for about a week.
Have you subscribed to my newsletter yet? Just enter your email and click "Sign me up!"
- Are Jack Russells good with cats?
- Are Jack Russells good with children?
- How can I keep my Jack Russell terrier from destroying my house?
- How can I stop my Jack Russell barking all the time?
- How do I stop my Jack Russell whining so much?
- How to house train your Jack Russell
- Why you should always be a reward-centric owner
- How do I stop my Jack Russell jumping up?
- How do I stop my Jack Russell growling?
- Use these 3 steps to get more respect and love from your Jack Russell
- Jack Russell separation anxiety
Get our new ebook instantly and receive instant updates on new posts:
Welcome to the Jack Russell Terrier Advice Centre! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin raising your new companion.
If you've found this page useful, please share: